Shared web hosting service is an arrangement where many websites share an IP address and reside on one common web server. Each site occupies a separate space slot on the web server which is connected to the Internet. Hence each site works independently on the same web server without affecting the other website. Shared hosting is the economical option as the server maintenance cost is borne by many service seekers.
Listed Below are some of the Best Shared Hosting Services & Companies:
Some of the features of shared web hosting service are as follows:
- It uses web enabled file and data management system – Ensim, cPanel or Plesk etc. You can setup your website through custom available applications like Joomla, WordPress or Gallery etc. It also provides you facility to secure your website by restricting access to files and folders.
- The shared web hosting comes with reduced overhead. All the software installation and server management is done by the service provider. So you need not worry about the licenses and updates as they would be provided as and when available at any extra cost!
- Shared hosting is popular worldwide especially in US, India and UK.
- The major marketing source of shared hosting is through PPC (Pay per click) or other affiliate programs. They market the product in a way that it looks like a freebie or a main product with a freebie. To attract people service providers market their services in a strategic way –
“Get 1GB space free for registering a domain”.
Advantages of shared hosting:
- Cost effective method of web hosting
- Access to latest software versions and best in class software at no extra cost
- Get free e-mail accounts and PHP resources
- It usually comes with 24X7 customer support. So if you are a newbie in website management you can contact the service provider by raising a ticket and get the resolution on the go.
Ideal for newbie’s
- Clients can upgrade their account easily for purchasing space or extending domain registration at ease
Shared web hosting is a popular choice amongst the service seekers. Mainly because of the cost effective solutions in can offer when compared to a dedicated host plan. Depending on your needs you can try and use shared web hosting for few months and in case you are satisfied extend the service plans or seek more services from your provider. In case you are not, seek a dedicated hosting service to meet your business needs.