- Free Migration
- Reliable Support
- Free Domain
InMotion Hosting Review
InMotion Hosting is an employee owned and operated company. Our employees average over 4 years of hosting experience and are backed by senior staff with over 10 years of experience. We have broken and fixed just about everything web site hosting related that can be broken and fixed. Combining this knowledge with friendly staff and responsive management yields our top rated tech support team.
While many web hosts will support open source frameworks or cater to parties who will grow to require more robust types of hosting, very few web hosts fulfill both objectives. InMotion hosting is one of those select few with hosting built for websites with a focus on expansion while being backed by open source frameworks.
This unique quality allows InMotion hosting to be especially favorable to small businesses with their eyes set on growing larger. Combine this with their cost-efficient prices and you have a recipe for a fantastic web host.
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of InMotion’s web hosting requires you to have a firm understanding of your own web hosting needs. Keep those in mind as you examine the hosting services that they provide.
Another thing to keep in mind is that these are generalized qualities of InMotion hosting. They may not apply to all packages or services, so please inspect the packages closely before committing to anything.
- Easy Setup – You’ll find that InMotion provides tools and services that are designed to make establishing your website amazingly easy. You won’t ever feel like web hosting is too daunting of a task when you choose InMotion.
- Free Site Migration – InMotion provides you with all the tools you need to move your website from another web host to their own. This process takes only a few moments for even the largest of websites, and it tends to be free of errors.
- Open Source Framework – An astounding amount of emphasis is put on providing support and efficiency for customers who choose to use open source frameworks like WordPress and Joomla. These applications come with customized installers that make it possible to quickly install optimized version of these programs.
- Robust Hardware – Only by employing the latest advancements in web hosting has InMotion been able to meet and exceed the performance of the competition. You’ll find new hardware with efficient strategies proven by careful analysis here.
- Superb Support – InMotion’s support can be described as world class. Their representatives are friendly and driven to find solutions to your problems. Your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate department if the customer service representative cannot provide a solution.
- Peak Problems – InMotion’s shared hosting tends to encounter issues during peak times. While InMotion does have clauses that protect you against excessive downtime, it’s worth noting that downtime seems to be more common with InMotion’s shared hosting than with other services.
- Sporadically Sluggish Services – Domain registration, customer support and the overall processing of orders can be slow. This can result in another individual obtaining the domain you want before you do.
Inmotion’s Hosting Packages
InMotion has the standard arrangement of hosting packages. Each hosting package contains certain one-time perks or offers that may significantly increase the value of any given deal.
One large difference between InMotion and other web hosts is the way InMotion has constructed their hosting packages. They are designed less as standalone products and more as one service that can be scaled up to meet the demands of a growing website.
InMotion’s shared hosting feels rather robust compared to other web hosts due to the robust hardware that InMotion uses for their plans. Shared hosting is run on the same type of servers used for VPS and dedicated hosting, which means that they can handle peak times better than shared hosting offered by other businesses.
There are three difference plans for shared hosting. The difference between each pertains to how man resources you can use, how many domains and subdomains you can register, and what level of support is included in each package.
Most businesses in need of a small to medium website will find the “Power” package sufficient.
Virtual private servers (VPSs) act like an intermediate between shared and dedicated hosting. InMotion offers a better spread of VPS service, as many hosts offer just a small upgrade to shared hosting in an attempt to promote more costly dedicated hosting.
InMotion’s VPS hosting comes with resource allocation between 4 and 8GB of RAM, 50 to 200GB of storage, 2 to 4TB of monthly bandwidth transfer and 2 to 3 IP addresses.
The allocation of additional RAM and CPU versus other VPS hosting providers is what will make the greatest discernible difference for businesses.
This makes VPS hosting with InMotion ideal for medium businesses of varying sizes and large businesses dealing primarily with static pages a lightweight framework like WordPress.
InMotion provides two tiers of dedicated hosting for customers: The first is designed to handle large lightweight websites and moderate application usage, while the second is designed to be used in conjunction with the most demanding of applications.
The most noteworthy aspect of InMotion’s dedicated hosting packages revolves around the price spread. Dedicated hosting starts at about $100 and scales all the way to $600 per month. This means that you have an astounding amount of options without being forced to opt for bare metal servers.
These dedicated hosting packages are designed for demanding medium businesses and robust enough for heavy usage. The pricing for each hosting package stays incredibly competitive when compared to other hosts, and InMotion tends to offer larger packages that other hosts do not.
The last major type of hosting offered by InMotion is their reseller hosting. These packages allow you to resell white-labeled web hosting to your clients and customers while being able to take advantage of InMotion’s world-class support and hardware.
The R-3000S level of reseller hosting has the best value for your dollar due to the inclusion of InMotion’s Launch Assist service. This service enables your customers to quickly and easily migrate their website or start a new one with WordPress, Joomla or another open source framework.
The last thing to understand about InMotion’s reseller hosting is that it offers a considerably greater range of freedom than other web hosts. This make sit ideal for individuals with a large amount of clients.
- Backups – InMotion provides free backups for customers who have less than 10GB of data stored on their servers. These backups occur every 36 hours.
- Easy Web Administration – Every package includes cPanel access or a cPanel license. This makes it easy for you to manage your website without the use of additional software.
- Generous Resource Allocation – When compared to other hosts, InMotion offers a generous amount of resources. You should have more than enough to run any kind of website.
- Optimized Open Source Frameworks – InMotion’s hosting is designed to work flawlessly with open source frameworks like Joomla, WordPress and PrestaShop. You can even install these frameworks when you’re purchasing your hosting.
- Reliability – With a 99.9% guaranteed uptime on all hosting packages but dedicated hosting, your website will almost always be accessible to both you and your visitors.
- Stable Support – Another big feature of InMotion’s hosting is the ability to quickly resolve any issues you have and to receive rapid responses from support. You’ll never be left wondering when something will be fixed.
InMotion offers numerous services that work to complement their web hosting packages.
Below is a brief list:
- Premier Support
- Managed Hosting
- Domain Registration
- SSL Certificates
- Web Design Services
Given that these services can be acquired for InMotion, this makes it significantly easier for you to run your website. Smaller businesses will appreciate the ease that InMotion makes acquiring these things.
InMotion’s hosting is designed from the ground up to complement growing businesses. Their prices and available resources are divided in such a way that you can easily upgrade to something larger on an as-needed basis.
Given that InMotion also includes quick installers with optimized versions of the open source frameworks they make available, InMotion quickly becomes one of the most viable options for businesses looking for comprehensive and trouble-free solutions to managing a website.
Small to large businesses are ideal for InMotion. Individuals may wish to take advantage of InMotion’s smaller hosting packages given how user-friendly they are.
InMotion currently utilizes two robust data centers for all their hosting services. They are strategically located to provide the maximum amount of speed possible for visitors based in the United States.
Their data centers are located in:
- Los Angeles, California
- Washington D.C.
Both data centers are category A and PCI compliant. They have redundant N+1 or N+2 systems in case of public utility failure along with a BGP4 networks that utilizes N+1 RAID configurations to minimize downtime due to hardware failure.
InMotion was founded in 2001. It has grown substantially since then to fulfill the needs of hundreds of thousands of customers.
InMotion has received numerous awards, but their most notable awards were from CNET in 2011. They were given awards for the best business hosting, dedicated hosting and VPS hosting.
Much of InMotion’s success can be attributed to its employee-owned nature. The employees act much like businesses owners in that everything they do ultimately works to benefit the success of their company.
They use Linux- and Unix-based systems exclusively with robust hardware designed to meet the needs of a variety of customers. They specialize in business-oriented hosting by using robust hardware, employing easy-to-use installation features, and specializing in website transfers.
Most InMotion hosting reviews state that InMotion has been an exceptional web host. They provide an unbeatable value, a high level of support and no-brainer web hosting.
Some reviews even state that the extra services InMotion provides for free, such as website transfers and their customer support, make InMotion exceptional for businesses focused on growing their virtual presence rapidly.
The negative InMotion hosting reviews tend to be left by individuals or users seeking something more complicated than hosting that supports open source frameworks. This may indicate that users seeking to independently develop web applications may wish to try a different host.
You can contact customer support via chat using InMotion’s website, by making a support ticket within InMotion’s site management, via email at [email protected] or by calling 888-321-4678.
Inquiries are usually received in a matter of minutes. A customer service representative will create a ticket and any issues you may have had should be resolved in less than a day.
Guarantee + Cancellation
InMotion offers two guarantees: a money-back satisfaction guarantee and an uptime guarantee.
The uptime guarantee promises that your website should be accessible for 99.9% of the time or more. For every hour that it is inaccessible, you can receive a credit to your account by contacting customer support.
The money-back satisfaction guarantee allows you to cancel your hosting with InMotion at any point within the first 00 days for a full refund of your money. This allows you to try their services without having to risk any funds.
To cancel, you must contact the customer service department. You can initiate this process using any of the contact methods listed above for customer support, but bear in mind that you will need certain pieces of information to begin the cancellation process.
You will need:
- Your account username
- The last four digits of the card yo used to purchase your hosting
- Your email address
- Your phone number
These will be used for verification purposes and to contact you if a problem arises during the process.
- Free Migration
- Reliable Support
- Free Domain
- Periodic Outages
- Service Limitations