iPage Review: At iPage, hosting Plans are available from just $ 3.50 a month, with the Essential plan. They have a slew of features on offer, to optimize your site and prepare it for the online leap. The bandwidth and space are unlimited, a neat tutorial on the nuts and bolts on how tos of set up, to buidling & designing web sites. Just in case, you were wondering about how can you find visitors, they have a solution for that too. iPages provides you basic web marketing tools to get the right kind of traffic to your site. They are a Green company.
Our team has been hosting business, personal, social and non-profit websites for more than 10 years. We know web hosting and the typical hosting customer, which means we know there is NO typical hosting customer. Thats why iPage offers a great deal of flexibility, without overcomplicating things.
Moreover, we focus on the three things our customers care about: their websites, their email and their online security.
You have so many options when it comes to creating your website. To give you the freedom you need to create an online presence that reflects your brand or personality, we support all of them.
From online site builders to software — such as FrontPage, Expressions or Dreamweaver — to blogging applications to writing your own code with HTML, youll have the access and support you need to create a great website.
Businesses need websites that are functional, affordable and accessible by their potential customers. They need a place that supplies them with not only a web host, but also with every other service they need to keep their websites running at optimal condition.
iPage is one of the web hosts designed to provide for every need small to medium businesses might have for developing their virtual presence. This means that while they primarily provide high quality web hosting, they also make it possible for you to obtain the services required to make your website fully functional and professional.
iPage delivers numerous features designed to facilitate every need you might have with regards to your website. They have several other unique qualities that set them apart from the competition along with a few disadvantages that may make you think twice about using their services.
The thing to remember about the following short list of pros and cons is that these are generalized. They apply to the greatest number of services but not necessarily every service or package offered by iPage.
Please check the individual packages closely before you purchase one of them to ensure it has the features you want.
- Competitive Pricing – iPage takes advantage of smart engineering, robust servers and the economics of scale to deliver a top-notch web hosting experience to you for fewer dollars than you would expect. This makes their hosting great if you’re on a budget.
- Friendly to Beginner and Advanced Users – While you will find numerous web applications designed to make website administration easier for beginners, iPage’s services are designed with the experience webmaster in mind.
- Marketing Services – New iPage customers are showered with a bounty of offers. These offers can include things like free Bing and Google PPC advertising credits, credits for applications designed to enhance your marketing and tools to help you better analyze your current traffic.
- One-Click Installer – Most packages offered by iPage include the usage of an installer that makes putting frameworks like WordPress a one- or two-click process. You won’t have to deal with the tedious process of optimizing configuration files when you want to install common web frameworks.
- Superb Customer Support – The customer support department at iPage cares about your problems. You’ll get a real, live person when you call. This representative will work as hard as possible to provide you with a solution that solves any hosting problems you might face in a satisfactory way.
- Beginner Woes – While iPage’s services are designed to be easy to use for even the most inexperienced person, some beginning webmasters seem to throw their hands up in the air when they try to manage their iPage site. It’s unclear if this is something iPage’s services caused or problems with the individual webmaster.
- Some Performance Issues – A handful of users have reported performance issues with their shared hosting sites. Take this with a grain of salt, as it’s impossible to verify the situation that caused these issues.
iPage offers shared hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated hosting as their primary hosting packages. Some are divided into different levels with some aspects being customizable, but for the most part they offer less choice than the competition.
This means that these packages cater to very specific types of hosting needs.
iPage Essential Plan
The iPage Essential Plan is one of the cheapest shared hosting plans around. It’s designed not for running WordPress or other types of applications, but to allow small businesses and individuals to create their own static website.
this is why this package includes the one-click installer, a WYSIWYG editor, customer support and a handful of email accounts tied to your domain.
If you’re looking to create website simply to have a virtual presence for one or two customers, then this is the solution you want to pick.
iPage offers hosting specifically designed for WordPress. Of all iPage’s packages, this is likely the package that most individuals and small to medium businesses will find the most useful.
It comes in two flavors: the WP Starter and the WP Essential. The only difference between these two levels is the performance gain, enhanced security and heightened level of support you get with the WP Essential package.
iPage’s WordPress hosting offers you a way to quickly and easily create a WordPress-based site. You’ll gain access to a customized installation of WordPress that’s optimized from the start, which means that your website will be able to handle that much more traffic.
Given the inexpensive price attached to this package, it is one of the best options for groups looking for just WordPress hosting
VPS hosting offers a larger degree of customization without the need for a heightened level of technical expertise. iPage offers their VPS packages with small to medium businesses in mind.
The VPS hosting packages come in three levels: Basic, Business and Optimum. The difference between these levels concerns the amount of processing power and storage that you receive for the price you pay. The features offered by each plan are identical besides that.
Small to medium businesses just starting out with VPS hosting will find that iPage’s services are fairly friendly. Experienced groups will also find enough freedom to accomplish any website goals.
No web hosting service would be complete without the inclusion of at least one dedicated hosting plan. iPage offers three different levels of dedicated hosting, which is similar to how they offer three different levels of VPS hosting.
The difference with these plans from iPage’s VPS hosting is that you gain access to the entire server. You’re not forced to share your resources with other customers. You have complete control over your servers. You can use all the resources you pay for without having to worry about your website being suspended.
The one downside of iPage’s dedicated hosting is that it has a ceiling. The maximum specs allowed are 4 cores, 16GB of RAM, 1TB of storage and 15TB of transfer.
Medium businesses with heavier traffic and server usage, large businesses with optimized servers and small web apps will find the most use with iPage’s dedicated hosting.
- Affordability – iPage’s services are cheaper than most competitors while still providing dependable web hosting.
- Customer-Friendly Hosting – Beginners and experienced webmasters will feel at home with iPage’s hosting.
- Quick Setup – iPage allows you to create a new website with just the few clicks of a button. You can start your website from nothing and have it running in just a few minutes.
- Reliability – 99.9% uptime guaranteed for most types of hosting.
- Vertical Services – Find everything you need in one place with iPage. This includes domain registration, marketing services and more.
iPage offers numerous additional services designed to complement the needs of individuals and small to medium businesses.
These services include:
- Domain Registration
- Data Backup
- Defense Against Malware
- On-Site SEO
- PPC Tools
- Traffic Services
- Facebook Design and Maintenance
The availability of these services is unique to iPage. Most web hosts refer customers to another business instead of taking care of these services directly.
iPage’s services are designed specifically for groups looking to spend less while still having a reliable web presence. Their services are designed to make the process of website creation faster and less of an investment on time for these groups, which is why their WordPress and VPS hosting plans are their most popular plans.
One thing to note about iPage’s services is that they are less robust than some competitors. While this means they tend to cost significantly less on average, it also means that they may not have all the services you need if you’re a big business looking for powerful dedicated or cloud hosting.
iPage delivers speed and reliability by utilizing two data centers for all the needs of their customers. These data centers both have a redundant power backup to ensure that they can maintain service even when the local utilities malfunction.
These data centers are located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Each data center has load balancing technology, DDoS protection and numerous other features designed to make them readily available no matter what happens.
These data centers even have 24/7 on-site security, which means that physical intrusion is one of the things that you won’t have to worry about.
iPage was founded in 1998 as a full-service web provider. While they no longer operate in the same capacity, this same attention to the vertical needs of web hosting has stay with them since their relaunch in 2009.
Endurance National Group acquired iPage shortly before this relaunch. They are experienced in managing web hosting companies and they tend to focus on the needs of the customer. This customer-centric attitude aligned well with the customer focus iPage already had.
Some figures state that iPage is responsible for hosting more than 2,000,000 websites. These figures are possible given that iPage deals primarily with smaller groups and individuals who may have multiple websites per hosting plan.
Besides iPage’s unique approach to their customers, iPage deals exclusively with green hosting. They state that their data centers are powered 100% by renewable wind energy.
iPage hosting has received an overall positive response from user reviews. They state that the value, customer support and features make iPage one of the most preferable hosting companies for users of all experience levels.
The only negative feedback received by iPage concerns small troubles or the occasional problem with uptime. Some of these reviews state that the issue was solved, which means that these negative reviews must be taken with a grain of salt.
iPage has a customer support dashboard, a ticket system, feedback, live chat and telephone support. Each mode of communication is maintained by live people whom reviewers have remarked are easy to communicate with and to understand.
You can contact iPage sales and customer support at 817-472-4399. Their lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Guarantees + Cancellation
iPage only maintains a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to have your money refunded to you in full if you are dissatisfied with iPage’s service at any point during the first 30 days of service. Refunds should be processed within a few days.
You may be asked to provide several pieces of information, including your username or the last four digits of your credit card, before the cancellation process begins. This is to ensure that you are the owner of your website, as your website’s data may be deleted upon cancellation.